Tuesday, May 19, 2009

God's Little Classroom of Life

My grace is sufficient for thee
2 Corinthians 12:9

The above was just a text I thought would be really helpful and has been something that has got me through quite a bit this month.
I have to say, I have never grown bored of His love, nor His mercy and grace. It is so fathomless, that I hardly understand the God that I find myself falling in love with.

  • To His eternal love, I ask WHY LORD?
  • To His omnipotence, I ask WHAT NEXT FATHER?
  • To His able grace, I ask HOW IN THE UNIVERSE WELL-BELOVED?

He has whispered to me, like Solomon to the Shumalite woman,

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Arise, my love, my fair one, Come away.
Songs of Solomon 2:13

~.~.~.~.~.~.

This Sabbath after a week of composing music, writing and forcing myself to study for ruthless CXC Geography, He has called me and said come away and rest in Me, abide in Me, My maidservant, My child.

This week, He has shown me a peace, that I honestly have not come to understand, yet where I went, songs of praise were always ready on my tongue to be raised to the throne of Grace which exists through ceaseless ages.

He's teaching me to be content, though I am quite the professional complainer, and He is, most of all, teaching me patience, something that I cannot attain on my own - no matter how hard I try.

The point of this post?

Grace.

Only a few months ago, was I awakened by something He showed me: I was like the Ephesian church, hard-necked, critical, I had lost my first Love.

Christ was not my Focus, my Example, my Portion, my Song, my All in All, rather He was just a God, I worshipped. I didn't know Him, deeply, I had experienced His power in my life, so many times, but it became so unfamiliar that rather than ceaseless praise, I complained and was always ready to insult.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.


~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

That was me.

I forsook Him, the fountain of abundant life and joy- the One, whose presence brings the fullness of joy. And made myself, imitations that could not bring me the peace and love that He bestowed so lavishingly upon me, they held no water, they are not the sustaining power, that He is.

Until one night, quite late, I couldn't take it any longer, I wondered why do some Christians have that joy and radiate Christ's love so easily and I just can't?!

And in my importunity, I feel on my knees and prayed

and prayed.

And wrote.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise...but is longsuffering to us-ward
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

I prayed that prayer, according to my prayer journal on the 9th April and it's nearing the end of May.

Where was God?

Melting my heart of cold wax, and guiding me along each path, even though I turned around and went the completely opposite direction multiple times!

Being longsuffering to me[:D]-ward.

I think of that song, 'were it not for grace?'

The thought in a way makes me shiver, where would I be without His saving grace? Where would I be headed? What snare would I fall into, spear-headed by the father of lies.

Though only now, am I awakening to that melodious cadence of His speech, I cannot resist as my Prince, beckons me, 'Come away, my love, my fair one'.

Yes, the thought has crossed my mind- maybe I'm just rambling, but I delight in rambling about the God who has ransomed me!

That's all I have to say for today about what God has taught me as I TRY to live day to day, and not jump ahead.

Loving Christ,

Alex



No comments: