Saturday, December 13, 2008

On perusal through my email inbox I found an email from my weekly subscription to Christian Teens on about.com
Making A Difference Every Single Day
The title really caught my attention it's something I feel as Christians we should implore others to do and I have to quote Kelli on this one:
'Not every act of change is going to come along the lines of Jesus feeding the five thousand in Matthew 14 or Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt in Exodus. Margaret Mead had a great saying about making a difference, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."'

Kelli goes further to indicate that changing the world comes in small packages like
'offering a kind word to a hurt friend, picking up a piece of garbage on the sidewalk, saying a prayer to bless people...these are all examples of what we usually think are everyday things that actually go a long way in making that difference.'

Although, we often have times where we feel as though no one is as kind to me, so why should I be kind to others? Remember, that we are not worthy of the greatest Sacrifice and act of love that took place some two thousand years ago.

With this great act of love in history as our example, we should really put on [[Romans 13:11-14]] Christ and be as humble, kind, patient and gentle He was. As I type this, I, myself, feel as though there is much more I can do to help the Lord in comforting others around me.

As we pray let us pray for the fruit of the Spirit 'against such there is no law'

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

Leila.S.&&Cadey.H.

No comments: