Monday, December 1, 2008

The Journey To DO HARD THINGS 1


Well, I was reading Do Hard Things and I really couldn't put it down, besides the compelling urge to do something to change this world, I felt as if God was tugging at my heart to do something, be someone who will change the community and country from it's current state. Ideas kept flooding through my mind and I got really excited but we all know that there's that someone who doesn't want you to succeed in fulfilling God's purpose for you.

Then, I began to doubt.
Who in their right mind would want to join?
Do I really think someone would care?
People are too busy fixing their own problems.

The desire to serve started to die down, but Thank God for prayer.
I remember that same morning (yesterday) I read Solomon's prayer in 1 Kings 3:5-9
At Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and God said, “Ask! What shall I give you?”
And Solomon said: “You have shown great mercy to Your servant David my father, because he walked before You in truth, in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with You; You have continued this great kindness for him, and You have given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day. Now, O LORD my God, You have made Your servant king instead of my father David, but I am a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in. And Your servant is in the midst of Your people whom You have chosen, a great people, too numerous to be numbered or counted. Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?” [NKJV].

Which then reminded me of when the Lord called Jeremiah:
Jeremiah 1:4-8 [NKJV]
Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying:
“ Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Then said I: “ Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” But the LORD said to me: “Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD. And as if that wasn't enough thinking about it now another text comes to mind:
Isaiah 41:13 [NKJV] For I, the Lord you God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you'.



In our quest to "Do Hard Things" or "Change the World", we sometimes forget that it is not through our power, but through God's. We look not to if we are capable of a work, but know what we are vessels of God's work. Our focus, then, becomes on finding out what God's will is and praying for His power that we may carry it out.

So this week our quest is: Prayer
Praying that God will use us in the way He sees fit and that we will not let our own wills hinder His perfect one.



~*It is not I that lives, but Christ that lives in me.

No comments: